I have recently partnered with PURE, a company that encourages a healthy and active lifestyle and helps keep us going throughout the day with healthy, organic bars. Pure bars not only taste delicious, but are made with 100% natural ingredients and contain a healthy proportion of carbohydrates, protein and fats that sustain you for a quick meal on the go or a healthy snack option. For me, Pure bars are essential when I am on the road or traveling on a twelve hour flight overseas. When you are fueling your body correctly you not only feel better, but as athletes we are able to perform at our potential!
It is exciting to be part of a company that shares the same values as me. I am very passionate about sharing with children and adults about being healthy and active in mind, body and spirit! The other day, I had the opportunity to speak to a youth triathlon club; ages 5-14 about my career as an elite triathlete. I shared with the children five tips for a successful triathlon season, but I truly feel that these tips can be helpful for anyone at any age in trying to accomplish a goal in any type of sport.
1) Don’t forget to fuel your body correctly! Without proper hydration and nutrition, your body will not be able to perform to it’s best abilities. Eating healthy will also keep your body healthy….it’s no fun being sick! PURE offers a perfect snack while outdoors. P.S. Don’t forget to hydrate---
2) Be a good sport! It is important whether you are running on a trail or playing soccer with your friends to cheer on your teammates or friends. If you are outside on a jog, encourage other joggers with a hello, a good job or a smile----these small little gestures can go a long way.
3) Be safe! If you are out biking for example, always wear your helmet. If you are going swimming in a lake, never swim alone. The outdoors is a great way to be healthy and active, but remember to plan accordingly.
4) Set goals! Success is not an accident. It takes hard work and planning. Be sure to write your goals down and to tell others about the goals you want to accomplish---goals next month, next year or ten years from now.
5) Have Fun! Spend time outdoors with family and friends or maybe some time alone.
I believe following these five tips can help you live life to the fullest. To find out more about PURE: please go to the website: www.thepurebar.com. Oh, and my favorite bar flavor….hard to pick just one because they are all so delicious, but I would have to say Chocolate Brownie (how can anything with the word chocolate not be delicious?). My husband’s favorite is the Cranberry Orange. Try them all and see which one is your favorite….